Tuesday, October 2, 2007

October's Theme


Okay folks...

I struggled with this month's theme for a while. There was the discussion of cocktober and then maybe vag-foods, but I just couldn't make myself do it. Then I was thinking about celebrating the 2nd Anniversary of FEAST, but the 2nd Anniversary is represented by cotton and I just don't know how that would translate. So....October.....

We will be celebrating the versatility of the pumpkin. Dessert will be made at Emily and Anna's...as well as some kind of main dish.

Weigh in in the comments...should we continue to send out the evite despite the blog? I'm thinking maybe we should in the beginning, but what do you think? Emily

8 comments:

Miss Banana said...

I thought long and hard about this and realized that there is no recipie for "washing the dishes". Can I have a page on the blog or in the book with a photo of me me hovered over the sink?

And I think Evites are still good. I check that site often.

Stina said...

yes, i think the evites would probably still be good for easy access. though i love the blog! so glad it's happening. i think starting with this one, as it's the anniversary, we can add our recipes? would it ruin the surprise to post the recipes beforehand?

Matt said...

pumpkin? ok. ravioli it is. hope everyone likes butter sauces...

FEASTer said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
emily said...

Matt--I was hoping that would be your solution. I was going to request it, but thought I should let you have your own ideas. :)

A and S--I will send out an Evite as well. Thanks for the feedback.

Julie said...

okay, i know you're making dessert, emily, but what would you say to pumpkin pie ice cream? OR I was thinking we should really exploit the pumpkin seed as well. maybe pumpkin seed brittle or something. you know me...my mind is always on sweets.

emily said...

I was going to do ice cream, but if you want it--more power to ya! I'll do something else...no problem.

I definitely think that pumpkin seeds should be allowable under the term "pumpkin".

rachel said...

I think I'm going with black bean and pumpkin soup. Looking for some pumpkin beer as well...